Sunday, October 11, 2009

Hairstyles, More important things.







We were treated to some different hairstyles this weekend. KatiAnne decided to go Jamaican on us, and Becca just made hers extra, extra beautiful. JanaLee was quite a trooper as she put the dreadlocks in KatiAnne's hair just hours before going into labor. KatiAnne has a friend named Sam who has had dreadlocks for months. He had to shave them off last night so he could put in his mission papers. KatiAnne wanted to go to the "shaving off" party with her own dreads. She thought they were pretty awesome. Thankfully, though, she doesn't want to keep them. She found it really interesting how she was treated differently by people the two days that she had them. A good lesson in the fact that people DO judge you by your looks, but also that they shouldn't!
Much more important than hair, though, was the addition of our little baby girl (can I say "our" JanaLee?) with only a small amount of hair!! What a thrill it was to see her and hold her yesterday. And it was truly joyful to see how Caden reacted to her. It was the sweetest thing in the world to see the INSTANT love and acceptance. Of course, I'm sure he'll have adjustments, but it filled my heart to watch him. JanaLee looked great, and seems to be doing well. We can't wait to go over again and hold little ?? (hint, hint, JanaLee).
I gave a talk this morning in church. I think it went alright. It is honestly true what they say about gaining the most when you give the talk rather than when you hear it. Thinking and reading about temple worship and the blessings that come from it has really touched my heart the last couple of weeks.
Love you all. My prayers are with each one of you in your challenges, sorrow, and happy times. Never forget that the Lord is in charge and is guiding your life!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for updating mom, I really enjoyed reading your message. And those pics are SO cute. I'm glad you had such a good experience with your talk. I agree, I always get so much out of the YW lessons I prepare. Today I taught about prayer, and it was a really good reminder to me to make my prayers more meaningful. Thanks again for updating, I love hearing from you. xxx love ya lots

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of course you can say "our"!! :)
    Thanks for updating, Mom! I always really enjoy your blog updates. I am so grateful for ya. Thanks for all of your help so far with Maya. And thanks again for bringing over such a wonderful thanksgiving dinner. You are the best.

    ReplyDelete