Sunday, February 8, 2009

It's fun to be a Grandma!

KatiAnne and friends at the Trojan Classic


Caden trying to be bigger than he is!
Yesterday was a fun day.  I really enjoyed tending Caden while JanaLee and Ben went to a movie.  You will have to read Becca's blog for the update on part of it, but I had fun watching him trying to wear my shoes around.   I thought he looked quite handsome.  By the way, he is not wearing a dress--he is in Becca's old shirt, while his clothes are being washed.   Gary and I went out to lunch yesterday at a Mongolian Grill.  I loved it, and would sure recommend it as a yummy place to eat (if you like stir fries).  
     This weekend was the BIG TROJAN CLASSIC at Bowness High School.  KatiAnne has been looking forward to this since summer!!  It is a basketball tournament that Bowness puts on--but it is THE THING of the year.  Daddy and I even went to watch a couple of games because KatiAnne has been so excited about it.  Also, there are three members of the church on the team.  It was a lot of fun and the whole school was thrilled when Bowness took first place.  
     David went to the temple this weekend--Good for him.  He is starting to think about maybe getting his own place, but needs to figure out if he is going back to school first.  
     We had a visit from the city by-law officer yesterday.  Apparently they have received several complaints about Roxie--actually about US not picking up her messes.  I have to give Daddy credit and say that he does pick up after her--so I guess the rest of us need to pick up our socks.  I honestly think, though, that people need more to do in their lives if they have time to watch out their windows to see if you pick up after your dog or not.   I love you all (except for Roxie).  

2 comments:

  1. I can't believe that those people reported Roxie! That's horrible! They must really be bored, or just obnoxious. Thats pretty rude. Those pictures are adorable. What a cutie Caden is! I really need to to get up there and see you guys again. It seems like he has changed a lot. He looks a lot more like a little boy now than a baby. I bet he is so much fun. I LOVE the toddler age. I miss you mommy! I hope we can talk today. I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let's collect all of Roxie's poos into brown paper bags, leave them on your neighbors doorsteps and set them on fire! When they open their doors they will stomp on the bags.. and BANG! POO on them!!!
    Thanks for watching Caden, we had a fun time! :)

    ReplyDelete